top of page


If you have a residence permit for the Netherlands

your nationality determines whether you need a provisional residence permit (MVV visa)



Depending on your nationality and personal situation, you may be exempt from the MVV requirement. You may enter the Netherlands without this visa, but you must apply for a temporary residence permit.


Immigration Services is happy to assist you in obtaining your residence permit.

op het vliegveld

We are open from Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. We are available every day for all your questions

Available from 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM during our telephone consultation hours on telephone number 070 - 800 2111 / 020 - 261 6434.

Please contact us for more information. We are happy to help you!


Immigration Services verricht werkzaamheden op het gebied van verblijfsvergunningen in het kader van gezinshereniging en partnerhereniging. Zo begeleiden we u deskundig bij het aanvragen van uw verblijfsvergunning voor bepaalde tijd. 


Wilt u uw verblijfsdoel wijzigen of uw verblijfsvergunning verlengen? Ook daar kan Immigration Services in faciliteren.


Immigration Services ondersteunt u bij het complete proces van uw aanvraag om binnen een zo kort mogelijke tijd een verblijfsvergunning voor bepaalde tijd te verkrijgen. Ons team van specialisten is altijd volledig op de hoogte van de laatste wet- en regelgeving, voorwaarden en benodigde documenten met betrekking tot uw verblijf in Nederland. Door het complete traject te coördineren en faciliteren bent u zeker van een soepel verloop.   

Immigration Services staat klaar om u te assisteren.  

When do you not need an MVV visa?



You do not need an MVV visa in the following situations:

✓       Persons with a nationality from the Member States of the EU, Member States of the EEA (European

          Economic Area), Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Vatican City, United States

          States, South Korea or Switzerland that want to work on Bonaire, Sint Eustatius or Saba or for longer than three

          want to stay for months. 

✓        You have the nationality of one of the following countries:

            •  AEU/EEAMember State or Switzerland

            •  Austrellis, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Vatican City, United States of America or

                South Korea                                                                                                                                                                                  

✓       YOUwill live in the Netherlands with a family member with the nationality of oneEU/EEAcountry (except

           Netherlands) or Switzerland. You yourself have a nationality for which an MVV visa is normally required

           is mandatory.

✓       You had a valid residence permit in the Netherlands. You no longer have this. You need a new one

           apply for a residence permit within 2 years after your previous residence permit has expired. During that period of

           You have always lived in the Netherlands for 2 years.

✓       You have a valid oneresidence permitg from anotherSchengen country. You have a recognized sponsor

           The Netherlands and you meet all the conditions. Your family members do not need to apply for an MVV visa either

           questions if your recognized sponsor also applies for a residence permit for your family members. And your

           Family members must already have a residence permit in that other Schengen country to stay with you.

✓       You have aresidence permit as an EU long-term resident issued by another EU

           member state. In this case, your spouse and/or minor child do not need to apply for an MVV visa.

           You must have already lived with them in the other EU country.

✓       You have had a valid European blue card (Blue Card) in someone else for at least 1.5 yearsparticipating

           EU/EEA country. You apply for a residence permit in the Netherlands if: 'holder of a European blue

           card'. In this case, your family members do not have to apply for an MVV visa.

✓       You were born in the Netherlands and live with your parent(s). The moment you obtain a residence permit

           you are 12 years or younger. Your parent(s) live in the Netherlands with a valid residence permit.

✓       You apply for a residence permit if:start up.

✓       You are being transferred to the Netherlands within a company in the context of(long-term)


Other: there are special and individual circumstances on the basis of which you cannot return to your country of origin to apply for an MVV visa.

Apply for a residence permit

Do you want to apply for a residence permit? Are you dealing with a change in your personal situation that has consequences for your right of residence, such as a broken relationship with your partner? Or do you need support in obtaining a residence permit for your stay in the Netherlands? Immigration Services is happy to help you. 

We are happy to assist you with the following:

•       Admission and Residence (TEV) procedure or temporary residence permit
•       Residence permit for an indefinite period
•       Extend your residence permit
•       Changing your residence permit

•       Objection procedure after rejection of your application

Thelegal decision period of the IND6 - 12 weeks. Your residence permit is issued by the IND. You collect your residence permit at an IND counter near you.


Application costs

There are costs associated with a residence permit application. Click here for more information about the amount of the fees. You pay these costs to the IND to process the application.


You also pay for the work of Immigration Services the Netherlands. We handle

a fixed amount of€599 excluding VAT for an Admission and Residence procedure or€249,- exclusive of VAT for the application for a residence permit for a (in)definite period. We will take care of your application and guide you throughout the entire procedure.

Is your application unexpectedly rejected? We will file an objection for you free of charge once your application has been submitted by Immigration Services.

Registering a residence permit application


Before you place an order, it is wise to first check whether this is possible and whether you comply with all requirementsconditions satisfies. If you meet all the conditions, you can register via our website.

Do you have any questions? Please contact our team of specialists by telephone without obligation.


Step 1 - Sign up
You register via our website'apply now' at the bottom of this page.

Step 2 - Payment

Complete your registration by completing the registration form. You can then pay for the visa application safely online using one of the payment methods: iDeal (most commonly chosen payment method), PayPal or credit card (Mastercard / Visa). 

Step 3 - Confirm

As soon as we have received your registration via our website, we will confirm the order by e-mail through a written order confirmation. After creating the file and confirming the assignment, we will start working on your case.

You will receive an email from us with what you need to create a file. We store your data in our system. This information will not be provided to third parties and is only intended for the assignment and processing of the necessary forms and documents.

After receiving the necessary documents for the MVV/TEV application, we strive to do so

submit the application to the Immigration and Naturalization Service within 10 working days. If you do not yet have all the required documents, it is also possible to submit the application to the IND and forward the latest documents.

On all our services our Terms and Conditions and us privacy policy applicable.


bottom of page