top of page


If you want to be employed by an employer in the Netherlands

work, you have a combined residence permit

and labor (GVVA) required. The GVVA combines the residence permit and the work permit (TWV).


The residence permit and the work permit

are requested from the IND simultaneously in one procedure.


With this residence permit you can enter as an employee

live in the Netherlands for longer than three months

and work.Your partner and children can also do this

travel with a residence permit to the Netherlands.

The validity of the GVVA is a maximum of 3 years.

Have you had a valid residence permit for work for 5 years? Then the GVVA is valid for a maximum of 5 years. 

Ontwerpen op een Tablet

We are open from Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. We are available every day for all your questionsAvailable from 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM during our telephone consultation hours on telephone number 070 - 800 21111. Contact us for more information. We are happy to help you!

The procedure


A combined residence and work permit (GVVA) must be applied for from the IND.All employees who are not from the EEA

or Switzerland and live and work in the Netherlands for more than three months, must follow the GVVA procedure. 

With the GVVA you can live and work in the Netherlands. A residence permit can also be applied for for your partner and children. This residence permit is valid as long as your GVVA is valid.

You need a GVVA if you want to work as an employee. Even if you want to be employed in the following positions:

  • Spiritual minister or pastor

  • Monastery or missionary

  • Employee in the Asian catering industry

  • Employee delivering goods by/to a foreign company

  • Employee at international non-profit organization

  • Worker in arts and culture

  • Employee intra-company assignment


UWV advice

The IND asks UWV for advice about the labor market part. The IND needs this advice to make a decision.    UWV assesses whether the work meets the conditions of the Foreign Nationals Employment Act (Wav). The IND will then

seek advice from the UWV. The IND will only grant the application for the GVVA (employee work) if the advice is positive. UWV has a statutory period of 5 weeks for the advice procedure.


Are you going to work as an employee in the Netherlands, but is it not possible to apply for a GVVA? Or do you no longer need a TWV because

you have worked in the Netherlands for 5 years in a row? Then you or your employer do not apply for a GVVA, but oneresidence permit for paid employment.  



Immigration Services supports you with the complete process of your application to obtain a residence permit for paid work within the shortest possible time. Our team of specialists is always fully informed

latest legislation and regulations, conditions and required documents regarding your stay in the Netherlands. By coordinating and facilitating the entire process, you and your family members are assured of a smooth process.  

Conditions for a residence permit for paid employment

To be eligible for this scheme, you must meet a number of conditions.

These conditions are

The following conditions apply to you and your employer:

✓          You meet thegeneral terms and conditions that apply to everyone:

  • You have a valid passport or other travel document.

  • You are not a danger to public order or national security.


✓          You meet theincome requirements


    Standard amounts from January 1, 2022 to June 30, 2022

     Gross sv salary per month without holiday pay € 1,725.00

     Gross social security salary per month with holiday pay € 1,863.00

✓          Your employer's company or organization is registered in theTrade register of the Chamber

              of Commerce (Chamber of Commerce). This only applies if this registration is required according to the Trade Register Act 2007.

           Your employer first looked for an employee in the Netherlands and the EU/EEA countries. Your        

              The employer has therefore reported the vacancy to an employer service point of the Implementation Institute

              Employee insurance (UWV).

           Your employer pays you the normal collective labor agreement wage that applies to this organization or company.

           Your employer will arrange good housing for you.

​TWV requests 

Your employer usually also needs a work permit (TWV). Your employer must do theApply for a work permit at UWV

Sometimes you are allowed to work without a work permit. You are then free on the labor market. For example, because you are 5 years in a row

have worked in the Netherlands with a valid residence permit.



Cost of procedure


There are costs associated with a residence permit to work as an employee in the Netherlands. The fees for a residence permit to work as an employee in the Netherlands amount to €345 per application. You pay these costs to the Immigration and Naturalization Service to process the application.


You also pay for the work of Immigration Services the Netherlands. We charge a fixed amount of €999 excluding VAT per request. This includes all HR activities, including the secondment of Dutch personnel and publishing the vacancy. We will take care of your application and guide you throughout the entire procedure up to and including your arrival in the Netherlands.

Registration procedure for residence permit for paid employment

Before you place an order, it is wise to first check whether this is possible and whether you meet all the conditions. If you meet all the conditions, you can register via our website. Do you have any questions? Please contact our team of specialists by telephone without obligation.

As soon as we have received your registration via our website, we will confirm the order by e-mail through a written order confirmation. After creating the file and confirming the assignment, we will start working on your case.

You will receive an email from us with what you need to create a file. We store your data in our system. This information will not be provided to third parties and is only intended for the assignment and processing of the necessary forms and documents.

After receiving the required documents for the application, we aim to submit the application to the Immigration and Naturalization Service within 15 working days. 

The IND's legal decision period is 90 days.If the application is complete, a target period of 7 weeks applies for the decision. UWV has a statutory period of 5 weeks for the advice procedure.

The issuance of the MVV (entry) visa at the Dutch embassy or consulate takes 5 to 10 working days.

You must enter the Netherlands within 3 months after the IND has made a positive decision.

The issuance of your GVVA is carried out by the IND. You will receive a letter when the GVVA is ready at an IND desk near you. The GVVA consists of a residence document and a supplementary document.Your employer will receive a copy of the additional document.

On all our services our Terms and Conditions and us privacy policy applicable.



bottom of page