top of page


A residence permit to work as an employed spiritual minister is a work and residence permit.


This residence permit is for spiritual ministers

such as imams and religious teachers, pastors, monastics or missionaries.

For spiritual ministersis onecombined permit for residence and work (GVVA) or work permit (TWV), but there are less strict requirements to obtain a work permit.

The period of validity of the single permit

for residence and work (GVVA) is a maximum of 3 years.


Ontwerpen op een Tablet

We are open from Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. We are available every day for all your questionsAvailable from 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM during our telephone consultation hours on telephone number 070 - 800 21111. Contact us for more information. We are happy to help you!


Om in Nederland voor een periode langer dan 90 dagen te werken heeft een geestelijk bedienaar een verblijfsvergunning en een tewerkstellingsvergunning (TWV) nodig. De verblijfsvergunning en de TWV worden samen aangevraagd als gecombineerde vergunning voor verblijf en arbeid (GVVA). De Immigratie- en Naturalisatiedienst beoordeelt deze aanvraag. Voor de TWV vraagt de Immigratie- en Naturalisatiedienst advies bij het UWV, het UWV voert een beoordeling uit en brengt op basis hiervan advies uit aan de IND. Het is daarom belangrijk dat wanneer

uw werkgever deze verblijfsvergunning wenst aan te vragen, u deze aanvraag goed voorbereidt.



Immigration Services supports you with the complete process of your application within the shortest possible time

a residence permitintra-corporate transferee to obtain. Our team of specialists is always fully informed

of the latest legislation and regulations, conditions and required documents regarding your stay in the Netherlands. By coordinating and facilitating the entire process, you can be assured of a smooth process.  

Conditions for a residence permit for a spiritual minister


✓        You have a valid passport or other travel document.

✓        You haveItbasic integration exam abroad passed or you are exempt and do not have to take the exam

            doing. Do you not publicize your work? Then you are exempt and do not have to take the exam.

            doing. For example, you will work as a monastic, or as an internal officer or board member.

✓        YOU goes sufficient income to deserve.

✓        Your religious or philosophical organization must have legal personality or be part of

            an organization that has legal personality. This is evident because the organization is registered in it

            trade register (if this is required under the Trade Register Act 2007).

✓        YOUw religious or philosophical organization must meet a number of additional conditions

            solvency, continuity and reliability of the organization.

✓        You must register with the organization within 4 weeks after you have received the permitImplementation Service

            Education (DUO) for your integration.

✓        The organization must ensure that you accept the offer for your integration. The

            organization will give you time and opportunity for your integration.


Cost of procedure

There are costs associated with a residence permit for a spiritual minister. The fee for the application for a residence permit for a spiritual minister is €345 per application. The employer pays the application costs to the Immigration and Naturalization Service to process the application.


You also pay for the work of Immigration Services the Netherlands. We use a

fixed amount of €499 excluding VAT per request. This application includes the course in preparation for the basic integration exam abroad, but the exam fee that you must pay to DUO is not included. The exam fee for the basic integration exam abroad is €150.


We will take care of your application and guide you throughout the entire procedure up to and including your arrival in the Netherlands.

Is your application unexpectedly rejected? We will file an objection for you free of charge once your application has been submitted by Immigration Services.

Registration procedure for residence permit for spiritual minister

Before you place an order, it is wise to first check whether this is possible and whether you meet all the conditions. If you meet all the conditions, you can register via our website. Do you have any questions? Please contact our team of specialists by telephone without obligation.

As soon as we have received your registration via our website, we will confirm the order by e-mail through a written order confirmation. After creating the file and confirming the assignment, we will start working on your case.

You will receive an email from us with what you need to create a file. We store your data in our system. This information will not be provided to third parties and is only intended for the assignment and processing of the necessary forms and documents.

After receiving the required documents for the application, we aim to submit the application to the Immigration and Naturalization Service within 15 working days. If you do not yet have all the required documents, it is also possible to submit the application to the IND and forward the latest documents.

The IND checks whether you and your employer meet all the conditions and asks the UWV for advice about the labor market part. The legal decision period of the IND is 90 days, the IND must make a decision on your application within 90 days. UWV has a statutory period of 5 weeks for the advice procedure. The UWV draws up advice and sends it to the IND, after which the IND makes a decision.


The issuance of the MVV (entry) visa at the Dutch embassy or consulate takes 5 to 10 working days.

You must enter the Netherlands within 3 months after the IND has made a positive decision. Your residence permit is issued by the IND, you collect your residence permit at an IND counter near you. We arrange both the appointment for the issuance of your visa and the appointment for the issuance of your residence permit at the IND in the Netherlands.

On all our services our Terms and Conditions and us privacy policy applicable.



bottom of page