top of page


If you want to look for work in the Netherlands after your graduation, promotion or scientific research, you will need a residence permit.

You have graduated or promoted or have conducted scientific research and now you want to look for a job or start your own business. You live abroad or you are still in the Netherlands. You need a residence permit 'orientation year for highly educated persons'.

This request requires avalid temporary residence permit (mvv)necessary. 

Ontwerpen op een Tablet

We are open from Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. We are available every day for all your questionsAvailable from 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM during our telephone consultation hours on telephone number 070 - 800 21111. Contact us for more information. We are happy to help you!

Support during your procedure

Immigration Services supports you with the complete process from your application to your arrival in the Netherlands. Our team of specialists is always fully informed of the latest laws and regulations, conditions and required documents regarding your stay in the Netherlands. By coordinating and facilitating the entire process, you can be assured of a smooth process.


Overview and insight into the required paperwork

We will guide you through all the necessary paperwork for the application, change and issuance of your residence document(s). We take care of requesting, collecting, completing, checking, legalizing and submitting the correct forms and (foreign) documents. We can also assist you with translating your foreign documents.


Direct communication with the authorities involved

We handle all communication and correspondence with involved parties such as the Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND) and the embassy directly for you. This is how we submit your application for an MVV visa. We will also make an appointment for you at the Dutch embassy to take the basic integration exam abroad. We also arrange the issuance of your MVV visa at the Dutch embassy in the country of origin and the issuance of your residence document at the IND.


Immigration Services takes a proactive role and maintains periodic contact with the authorities involved regarding the decision period and decision-making regarding your visa application.  


​​Support in the event of unexpected setbacks


Has your visa application been rejected? We strive for a successful objection procedure with a thorough objection. We can also help you if you experience problems while entering the Netherlands. Are you arrested or stopped by the Royal Military Police or IND upon arrival in the Netherlands? Or are you having problems with your registration with the municipality? Immigration Services is ready to assist you.  

Conditions of procedure


There are a number of conditions that apply to everyone. In addition, you must meet the following conditions:

✓        You have a valid passport or other travel document.

✓        YOU have not previously had a residence permit for looking for work after studies,

           promotion orscientific research on the basis of completing the same course

           or the same PhD trajectory or carrying out the same scientific research.


           Have you completed various studies or PhD programs or scientific research?

           conducted? After completing each study, after each promotion and after performing each

           scientific research can be issued a residence permit for an orientation year

           become. This study, this PhD trajectory or this scientific research must be

           completed or carried out after your previous orientation year.

✓        YOU in the past 3 years you have:

    • completed an accredited bachelor's or master's degree in the Netherlands; or

    • completed a postgraduate course of at least one academic year (minimum 10 months) in the Netherlands; or

    • completed a training course in the context of the Specific Cultural Policy Act; or

    • completed a training course in the context of the development cooperation policy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs; or

    • a master's degree obtained in the context of an Erasmus Mundus Masters Course; or

    • completed a higher education program designated by ministerial regulation; or

    • scientific research conducted at any time. You previously had a residence permit in the Netherlands for the purpose of scientific research within the meaning of Directive 2005/71/EC or a residence permit for the purpose of work as a knowledge migrant for the purpose of conducting scientific research; or

    • you have completed a master's degree, a doctoral program or a post-doctoral program at a designated foreign educational institution* or you have obtained a doctorate and you have:

      • achieved a minimum score of 6.0 on the International English Language Testing System; or

      • achieved a minimum score of 6.0 in an English language test as included in the Code of Conduct for International Students in Higher Education; or

      • a diploma, certificate or document as referred to in Article 2.3, first paragraph, of the Civic Integration Decree; or

      • completed the master's degree, doctoral program or postdoctoral program in English or Dutch.



Designated foreign educational institutions are the educational institutions that, at the time of graduation, are included in the top 200 of the general rankings or in the top 200 of the available rankings per field - which correspond to the field in which you graduated or obtained your doctorate - of:


  • Times Higher Education World University Rankings

  • QS World University Rankings

  • Academic Ranking of World Universities


Different conditions apply to persons with the nationality of an EU/EEA country or Switzerland and their family members.


Cost of procedure


There are costs associated with an MVV application. You pay these costs to the IND to process the application. The fee for this application is €207.


You also pay for the work of Immigration Services the Netherlands.

We charge a fixed amount of€499 excluding VAT per MVV/TEV application. We will take care of your application and guide you throughout the entire procedure up to and including your arrival in the Netherlands.

Is your application unexpectedly rejected? We will file an objection for you free of charge once your application has been submitted by Immigration Services.



Register request


Before you place an order, it is wise to first check whether this is possible and whether you

meets all conditions. If you meet all the conditions, you can register via our website. Do you have any questions? Please contact our team of specialists by telephone without obligation.

As soon as we have received your registration via our website, we will confirm the order by e-mail through a written order confirmation. After creating the file and confirming the assignment, we will start working on your case.

You will receive an email from us with what you need to create a file. We store your data in our system. This information will not be provided to third parties and is only intended for the assignment and processing of the necessary forms and documents.

After receiving the required documents for the application, we aim to submit the application to the Immigration and Naturalization Service within 10 working days. If you do not yet have all the required documents, it is also possible to submit the application to the IND and forward the latest documents.

Thelegal decision period of the IND6 - 12 weeks. The issuance of the MVV visa at the Dutch embassy or consulate takes 5 to 10 working days. You must enter the Netherlands within 3 months after the IND has made a positive decision and the MVV/TEV application has been granted. Your residence permit is issued by the IND, you collect your residence permit at an IND counter near you. We will make an appointment for you to issue your residence permit. You must then register with the municipality in the Netherlands.

On all our services our Terms and Conditions and us privacy policy applicable.



bottom of page